1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2-1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon (national average);
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) The DOW JONES hit a record high–14,000 +
5) American’s were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!…
In the past year:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) As I write, The DOW is probing another low~~ $2.5 TRILLION has evaporated from our stocks, bonds & mutual fund investement portfolios!
Yes, in 2006 America voted for change… and got it!
Just in case you don’t remember your 12th grade US Government: the president has no control over any of these issues, only Congress does. What has Congress done in the last two years? See for yourself.
Now the Democratic candidate for president claims he is going to really give us change alongside a Democratic Congress. Just how much more ‘change’ do you think you can handle?
I stole this from an email one of my friends got. This upcoming election has my stomach in knots.
So much is at stake, including the lives of unborn children, the sanctity of marriage and our religious freedom.
This is at the top of my list as I go before the Father. I hope it is on yours, too. Whatever your opinion on a particular candidate, it is impertive that we take our responsibility to vote seriously. Vote your conscience. Vote along party lines, or not. Vote for the lessor of two evils. Vote as you feel led by the Father, but for all our sakes: